Thursday, November 6, 2008

Barter Market



My Project is creating markets in Milwaukee that people would be able to barter their unique items. I would like to emphasis the value of these items. I want Barter Markets to be a place where you can find interesting and one of kind paintings, jewelry, recipes, food, produce, or anything in between.

I have designed this look and feel for the campaign to be about the clean and elegant look related to the items being bartered. I did this to make sure there is more of an upscale feel from a regular rummage sale, where you would find used and unwanted items. I have also included a reference to wood cuts and more traditional design so that barter markets would have old style design as well, like maybe what the style might actually look like in the time that Barter markets would be common.

I feel I am on the tail end of the project, just finishing the details that are really important to the look of the project. I am experimenting with the final graphical elements on the poster, using more cut outs and ornaments. I feel the end poster two posts that will hold a series of images that the viewer could mix and match to get a feel of what would be at barter markets.

My campaign pieces would be a interactive poster to mix and match bartering items, a larger banner that would be at the actual barter market, and the third piece would be a bag made from recycles materials with a screen printed logo and a laser wood cut hanging tag.

No comments: